Wednesday, June 23, 2010

DEEEEElicious

Delicious Vegetarian Burrito that Even Paul Likes

Now, it isn't easy to please a hard core carnivore like my husband, but this burrito that I made last night did the trick. I totally stole the idea from one I had at Vine Street last Saturday but my redo was quite tasty if I do say myself.

You are going to do this:

Assemble:
Jasmine Rice
Black Beans
Frozen Corn
Red Pepper
Cilantro (Fresh, you will want to chop up a couple of bunches-maybe 1/4 cup total? you will know when you see it).
Sweet Potato
Avocado
Mango Salsa-I like the one from Whole Foods in the prepared food section by the produce.
Mozzarella Cheese (trust me)

Spices:
Cumin (approx 1 TBLS)
Paprika (approx 1 TBLS)
Salt
Tabasco
Pepper

Now what to do:
Cook Rice
Put your Black Beans in a pot and add some cumin, paprika, fresh cilantro and start cooking. Then when it starts to bubble add some fresh cilantro, 1/2 red pepper and then simmer. Cook the pepper and then add frozen corn. Turn off heat as not to overcook and/or burn (just a rule of thumb).
Whilst doing this you can cook your sweet potato/yam. Either nuke it in the microwave or bake it. Either way, once done, peel the skin off of it and chop it up. While you are at it, chop up your damn avocado already and shred your cheese.
Once this is all done, you can assemble your burrito. I am not going to instruct you on this as you should be able to figure it out (rice/beans/veg/sweet potato/avocado/cheese). Then top with mango salsa....DEEEELICIOUS!

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. However, I am a curmudgeon and want to whine about hard-to-read green text...isn't black luxurious enough? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I am so customer service oriented, your wish is my command.

    ReplyDelete