Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Jack's First Favorite TV Show

Dum-didee-dum-da-dum-da-dum-dum

It starts and he stops. He stares and the hands start clapping and the feet start tapping...it's time for "Jack's Big Music Show." Unfortunately this show was canceled long before Jack actually came along, but it lives on in reruns on Nick JR and is so much better than Dora (who I wouldn't mind punching in her backpack). I know, I know, he shouldn't watch t.v., but 20 minutes of Jack gives mom and dad 20 minutes to get breakfast ready/shower/get going in the morning (yes, a lot can get done in 20 minutes).

It is also very satisfying to see him really L-I-K-E something. We have exposed him to a number of shows to see if any catches his eye, but nothing does it like Jack. Maybe he likes it because they share a name and have a dog friend or maybe it is the music that he digs but there is a definite preference being expressed at 7:00 am Monday-Friday in the Zablocki house.

I remember looking forward to certain shows when I was a kid and even looking forward to certain musical numbers on Sesame Street:


Yesterday I found the "Jack's Big Music Show" album online and we were able to jam. So though the t.v. show is gone, the music can still live on.


No comments:

Post a Comment